Greetings to all. I’ve decided to collect the reports of Farmer-Scout Me into one place, so people who are interested can easily isolate them. You can look for it in the “Frequently Updated Posts” section in the sidebar.
- Part I: In which I tell people in a general sense what I hope to do in these adventures.
- Part II: In which everything I hope to do changes due to a massive increase in knowledge, which is itself due to a remarkable book, Geoff Hamilton’s Organic Gardening.
- Part III: In which I begin to actually do some interesting stuff, including building a compost bin.
- Part IV: In which I describe briefly the chemical composition of my apple patch, and then wax eloquent at some length on basic organic gardening chemistry. Important and fascinating.
- Part V: In which I describe the progress of my garden, from ornamentals to fruits and vegetables, and teach a lesson about protecting seedlings from pests.
- Part VI: In which I give yet another update of my garden, explaining briefly what I have learned so far.
I hope these adventures have been as interesting to you as they have to me (though I find this unlikely). Have some yourself; you’ll be glad you did.
Praise be to Christ the King!